We are pleased to announce the launch of graduate research and writing fellowships sponsored by the UVA Americas Center/Centro de la Américas.
Application deadline: December 1, 2016.
Award cycle: Jan, 1 2017-Dec. 31, 2017
Graduate students who have advanced to candidacy, are enrolled full time and are working in the fields of Latino/a studies, Asian Pacific Americas studies, Native/indigenous studies, and/or African diaspora studies, are eligible to apply. Each fellowship stipend provides up to $6,000 to be used to support a research trip, a writing period, or a combination of the two, at any point during the academic year, including summer. The funds may also be used to buy out a GTA obligation for one semester.
Application submissions should contain the following information:
- Narrative, not to exceed two single-spaced pages, providing an overview of the proposed work and its intellectual contribution.
- One single-spaced page outlining a concrete plan for fellowship use, whether for research, writing, or both. Research plans should include any travel and the names of specific archives, site visits, or interviews to be involved, and writing plans should be clear about what project or parts of a project will be completed during the period of fellowship support.
- One-page bibliography of primary and secondary sources, including those important to your particular methods and theoretical approach.
- CV including education, positions held, and any publications, honors or awards.
- Names of two UVA faculty references whom we may contact.
Please submit hard copies of complete applications to Anna Brickhouse (mailbox Bryan Hall) or Tom Klubock (mailbox Nau Hall) by Dec. 1.